verbal and written communication
excellent people and communication skills
to work well with many diverse personalities
oriented and highly organized
team player with good project management skills
follow through and attention to detail
- Member of the American
Translators Association (ATA)
- Member of National Language
Service Corps (NLSC)
- Simultaneous and
- Comprehensive technical vocabulary
- US citizen
1999 to present
Russian linguistic and media services
Freelance Russian English Conference Interpreter/Translator
Owner - Provide Russian-to-English and English-to-Russian linguistic and communications services to private companies as well as Department of Defense, United States federal, state and local government agencies including civil and criminal court hearings.
Clients include but not limited to:
- US Department of Defense
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services, Atlanta, GA
- Social Security Administration, SSA Court
- United States Federal Court, Northern District of Georgia. Atlanta, GA
- Federal Defender Program, Inc. Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta Housing Authority, Atlanta, GA
- Department of Labor, Atlanta, GA
- CNN World Headquarters, Atlanta, GA
- Coca Cola Headquarters, Atlanta, GA
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Hewlett Packard Data Center, Atlanta, GA
Remote, simultaneous and consecutive assignments include but not limited to:
- Webinar; International School for Perinatal Medicine Specialists, Emory University and Russian physicians; Atlanta, GA
- University of Georgia, Athens, GA. Center for International Trade and Security, Academy on non-proliferation, dual-use items, export controls, control lists, international non-proliferation initiatives, agreements, treaties, etc.
- George Mason University; Terrorism, Transnational Crime and Corruption Center (TraCCC); Russia and USA; Dialogue and Exchange of Experiences on Questions of volunteering providing legal aid covering such issues as human trafficking, human rights violations, refugee and immigration issues, homelessness, public benefits, mental and physical health benefits, etc. meeting with representatives of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), Catholic Bishops Conference, and US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), Washington DC.
- Human Rights Conference, The Carter Center, Atlanta, GA. Interpreted for President Carter.
- 10th Global TEPHINET (Training Programs in Epidemiology and Public Health Interventions Network) Conference, Stone Mountain, GA
- Emory University, School of Medicine. US-Russia Implementation Science Collaborative in Reproduction Health. Atlanta, GA.
- American Society for Microbiology Conference "Microbe 2018"– a one-of-a-kind forum to explore the complete spectrum of microbiology from basic science to translation and application. Provided interpretation support for the delegation from Azerbaijan working on DTRA sponsored projects. Atlanta, GA.
- Assembly of Family for Every Child, a global alliance of local civil, non-profit society organizations working together to improve the lives of vulnerable children around the world. Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- World Health Organization; Global Youth Tobacco Survey facilitated by World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Atlanta, Georgia
- Pfizer Conference. Pediatric VTE Treatment Investigator Meeting, Atlanta, GA.
- North American Freight Rail Planning Conference on recent trends in freight rail service design and operational planning co-hosted by Oliver Wyman and the Norfolk Southern Railway. Provided linguistic support to the delegation from Kazakhstan. Atlanta, GA.
- US Meat Export Federation, International Buyers Conference, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO and St. Louis, MO. Modern trends of beef and pork industries, beef and pork merchandising, animal handling and animal welfare.
- Provided support and assistance to "Diplomacy Through Youth Sports" program interpreting for the Russian youth baseball team visiting Atlanta to play baseball games with American counterparts sponsored by Atlanta International Umpires. Interpreted for Atlanta FOX 5 TV channel and Ron Gant, a TV anchor for Fox 5 and a former Braves baseball player, making a story on the program.
- World Health Organization; Global Adult and Youth Tobacco Survey facilitated by WHO and CDC. Atlanta, Georgia
- Private business negotiations covering issues of trading under ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations), military airplane configuration and assembly, Atlanta, GA
- MODEX Expo. The leading trade show for supply chain, manufacturing, and distribution industries. Atlanta, GA
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Kazakhstan medical nurses training, Pittsburgh, PA.
University of Georgia, J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development - "Sustainability and Social Entrepreneurism" workshop, facilitated by Eurasia Foundation, a public-private partnership supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Athens, GA
Annual Conference of "The Association for Convenience and Fuel Retailing", Atlanta, GA
NCR Conference "The Power of One", Atlanta, GA. Interpreted Steve Wozniak's closing speech. Atlanta, GA.
Equifax seminar, Atlanta, GA. Fraud protection and information cyber assurance. Atlanta, GA.
US Russia Business Council Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA. Russia's accession to WTO (World Trade Organization), Russia and APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation). Atlanta, GA.
General Mills, North America Safety and Wellness Conference, General Mills plant, Covington, GA.
Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO), Atlanta, GA:
- International Participant Forum: Nuclear plant safety, equipment, operations, procedures, and events. Forum took place shortly after Fukushima Daiichi Accident and this topic was one of the main themes of the conference discussions.
- Russian delegation visit.
Open World Leadership Center, Washington DC assignments:
Work with professional delegations from Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan in various locations throughout the USA interpreting during their visits covering the following subjects:
Local Governance; Research Parks and Technology - Huntsville, AL
Environmental Protection - Atlanta, GA;
US Health System - Atlanta, GA, Wichita, KS, Asheville, NC;
Local Governance - Birmingham, AL, Montgomery, AL,; Omaha, NE, Birmingham, AL, Cedar Rapids, IA
Economic Development - Lake Hartwell, GA/Greenville, SC
Women Leaders - Birmingham, AL;
Accountable Governance - Birmingham, AL, Montgomery, AL, Wichita, KS, Montgomery, AL, Denver, CO, Knoxville, TN, Denver, CO
Social Issues - Montgomery, AL;
Social Issues, Health Care Provision (Pediatric Surgery) - Omaha, NE, Knoxville-Nashville, TN
Youth Services - Birmingham, AL, Lincoln, NE, Lincoln, NE;
Presidential Elections - Montgomery, AL;
Bioethics (in cooperation with Emory University) - Atlanta, GA;
Education - Knoxville, TN;
Russian poets and writers - Iowa City, University of Iowa;
Russian folk musicians - New Orleans, LA;
System Solution to Improve Outcomes of Pregnancy (in cooperation with Emory University) - Atlanta, GA
Agriculture - Omaha, NE
Accountable Governance and Media - Lincoln and Omaha, NE
Ecology, Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency, Bluefield, WV
NIKA Interpreting Agency, Khabarovsk, Russia
Opened the first private Russian-English interpreting agency in town. Managed a staff of
interpreters/translators. Coordinated assignments. Found new clients for
the Interpreting Agency. Performed English/Russian interpretation
for American and Russian businessmen. Performed written English/Russian
translations. Interpreted for telecommunications and energy/oil
companies such as Amoco, Shell, Marathon Oil, Occidental Petroleum,
Kokusai Denshi Denwa (KDD), and International Telecom Japan (ITJ).
Translated for Russian American Oil JV Petrosakh (Sakhalin Island).
- Interpreted at the USA 1992 EXPO in Moscow, Russia for the Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, Alaska, USA on the
subject of the Exxon Valdiz Oil Spill clean up.
(Evaluated by World Education Services, P.O. Box 745, Old Chelsea Station, New York, NY 10113-0745)
1985-90 - Master's Degree in Education. College of Education, Far Eastern Russian University. Foreign Language Instruction (Russian, English and German).
1985-88 - Civil Defense Nurse. Concurrent Nursing Diploma. College of Education, Far Eastern Russian University.
Magnet school specializing in English, Khabarovsk, Russia.
Began learning English at the age of 8 years old.
to the Home Page